New Order

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lovefist, Jan 4, 2013.

1. lovefist

lovefist

I have a couple of new pedals and I'm wondering what to do with them. I have a TU2/Korg Pitchblack to start then EHX BMS, Comp, OC2, Overdrive, Middle Overdrive, Fuzz, Corona Chorus and now a Filter Twin. Where should the filter twin go? The BMS always changes the order in my ear.
  2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix

I would go Tuner>OC2>BMS>OD>Fuzz>Filter>OD>Chorus>Comp

Actually I would trade the compressor for something else...

But this way you get to do the classic octave>fuzz>filter for other synthy sounds. You could filter the BMS more. OD>fuzz sounds good, so does fuzz>OD.
  3. BigDBass

BigDBass PWIYB! Supporting Member

Media:
    I thought you were going to ask about Peter Hook's tone, but this is good too.
  4. lovefist

lovefist

Isn't there some problems with doing an Octave in front of the BMS?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I would do this as well. I would replace the compressor with a delay.
  7. lovefist

lovefist

Don't use delay at the moment. See I'm kinda confused about doing a compressor last....
  8. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I don't really use compression. But I do occasionally use it to tame envelope filter volume spikes. That's why I would put it last.
  9. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix

I don't use compression and I do use some form of all the pedals you have listed. If I did use it I would use it to tame spikes too.
    I don't have problem with tracking from my OC2 or synth pedals without compression.
  10. lovefist

lovefist

wouldn't having an octave before the synth (that has an octave too) mess with the synth tracking
  11. rr5025

rr5025

Same here
  12. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix

Maybe you don't use the octave on the synth and see what happens. Or you switch their order, whatever. It was about having them both before the Filter in my mind and having a buffer near the start of your chain. As long as the octave is before the fuzz so you can do Octave>fuzz>filter (>chorus too if that sounds good).
  13. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix

Also just beause the Octave is in front of the BMS, that doesn't mean you have to actually step in the OC2 when using the BMS. I have certain pedals next to each other in my effects chain that are kind of either/or but never used together.
    Have fun experimenting, I just told you what I think I would do.