1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

New Orleans bass player in coma after street attack

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 4001, Jan 23, 2014.

1. 4001

A popular New Orleans musician is fighting for his life in hospital after being brutally attacked in what is believed to be the latest case of a sick craze known as the knock-out game.

Doug Potter was returning to his car after playing a gig at Cafe Beignet inside the Bourbon Street courtyard venue on Tuesday night when he was brutally assaulted by two men.

The 54-year-old bass player is now in an induced coma after undergoing intensive brain surgery at University Hospital.

Mr Potter was not robbed and witnesses say the two attackers appeared to have assaulted him for no apparent reason.

Friends and family believe he could have been the victim of what is known as the knock-out game, when attackers try to floor a victim purely for amusement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rutal-street-attacked-no-apparent-reason.html

:rollno:

2. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Sick sons of bitches. I hope he comes through this ok physically and mentally and can resume performing as a musician.

3. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

This kind of thing makes me ashamed to be American...nay...ashamed to be human.

4. tunewriter

tunewriter

Assholes. With no home training, morals, or sense or responsibility. Hope the guy hangs on and goes on to better things.. This is not a game and should not be referred to as a game. It's assault plain and simple.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

Stay aware, always, everywhere!

7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

It is just sickening!

Prayers and best wishes to Doug Potter and his family.

8. haas

haas

Unbelievable. What the hell is wrong with these assholes? Sickens me

9. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

+1 million.

Hopefully this guy come through OK and these asshats get what's coming to them.

10. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Really brave guys to sucker punch someone 54 years old and a perfect stranger.

It's all over YouTube and at least 3 victims have died.

F..king Cowards.

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 I never let my guard down ever day or night one of these punks is going to run into someone like me and get their heads blown off and when that happens enough times I bet you the "Knockout game" goes away very quickly my prayers to the family.

12. pickbass

pickbass

Amen to that. It makes me wish more people would participate in concealed carry to protect us all.