1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Orleans Luthier needed!

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Infidelic83, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Infidelic83

Infidelic83

Hello all, I am looking for a super reliable upright luthier here in New Orleans to reinstall steel E and A strings on my Palatino. When I started, I had a set of Weedwacker pros intalled at Buchanan music in Phoenix. They did a great job, but it required filing the bridge and nut to fit the HUGE E string. Im over it, and now realize I should have left the E & A steel. So reinstalling would require building the bridge slot back up (i've been told superglue and rosewood dust would do it). But not being a professional lutier, I dont want to ruin my only upright. I am trying to buy a Kay Swingmaster as a recording and professional show bass, and keep the palatino as a street bass. If anyone knows of a particular luthier in the New Orleans area, please let me know! Thanks bassTalk!
  2. basswraith

basswraith

3. paulunger

paulunger

+1 for Bill Schettler
  4. hbfosho

hbfosho

Sal Giardinia. I've always had good work done. Got a Kay M-1, and an extension on my German done by him.
  5. basswraith

basswraith

...better go with Bill.;)