1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SonOfDelorian, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

Hey Guys,

Think you can give us a hand I have the pedals below:

Boss Tuner TU-2
    Boss Bass EQ GEB-7
    Boss Delay DD - 3
    Boss Phaser PH-3
    Boss Bass Overdrive - ODB3
    Boss Fuzz - FZ5
    Boss Flanger - BF3
    Boss Distortion - DS1
    Boss Bass Synth - SYB5
    Electro Harmonix Bass Balls
    Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
    ZVEX Wooly Mammoth
    Akai Deep Impact SB1
    Line 6 G30 Wireless Pack

I need a pedal board that can fit them all. I've looked at Boss (a board which I currently own), Diageo and Pedal Pad but nothing of them look big enough for what I want. Any ideas?

2. aetheriac

aetheriac Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner - Sunken Acropolis Audio
    You need to either do some math, or make paper cut out versions of you pedals and find an arrangement that works. Then figure out the dimensions you need and compare to existing boards or build your own.

3. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

Take a look at Pedaltrain boards, a PT2 might be a tight fit, but a Pro or PT3 could work for you

4. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

Wish it wasn't a custom job, only thing is even if I have one built I know I'm getting more so I then need another board

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

@tink9975 Cheers! I've seen them on stage before!

7. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

here is my PT2 to give you an idea.

[​IMG]

8. mixedbass

mixedbass

Disclosures:
    Managing Editor, notreble.com
    Not sure if you've ever seen this - I think it's kind of handy. You can plan your board out with different sizes, etc.
    http://pedalboardplanner.com/

9. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

If you do the paper cut out thing, make sure you give the jacks and electronic connectors their room too. You can possibly plan out the whole thing real well, only to end up with a board too small only because you forgot to plan all of the 1/4" plug connectors, cables and electrical wires.

Have fun!

10. HolmeBass

HolmeBass Supporting Member

The no-solder Lava pedal board cable kit is cool and gives you cables with very small heads to save space. The real consideration is how nimble your feet are as I find, depending on the pedals, I need to leave extra space so that I am not accidentally hitting the switch of adjacent pedals. With the Deep Impact I'd guess you're looking at a PT Pro, but that is just a guess. Some people with nimble feet can do the pedal tetris thing and really get a lot of pedals into a small space.

11. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Before seeing that you'd already dismissed Diago boards, I was actually going to suggest the Diago Tourman. From the pictures I've seen of it around the internet, it looks like it would fit all your pedals in and then some. Assuming you have all of these pedals at hand right now, I'd suggest finding the dimensions of the Tourman and using tape to roughly map out the size of it on your floor and then place your pedals in to see if its size will suffice.

Of course, I'm just assuming that you've not already tried this method.

12. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

rack em, and control them with Voodoo Ground Control Pro and 2 GCX loopers. One button control over 1-16 pedals in an instant.

edit: well I guess you can't stack GCX units, they are channel 16 only. Then RJM effect gizmo instead. Concept still the same.

13. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

Going to have to try the tape approach. I've never done the whole rack thing. I'd love to but I don't know how? I under the two control units and midi board but how do you link like multiple pedals to turn on at the touch of the midi

14. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

It's actually not that difficult and with all these pedals its very functional. If you want more than 1 pedal to kick in during a song or turn off there's a riverdance of stomping on conventional pedalboard. And your pedal are safer in a rack from dirt, spilt drinks or someone bumping your settings. Midi is actually very simple and noting you couldn't figure out quickly.

Get the pull-out shelves, put pedals you like to twist knobs on up higher. You signal is only only going thru the pedals you are currently using. It's worth looking at.

15. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

Is there any method of midi control that turns on multiple pedals?

16. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I found this line very funny. Thanks!

17. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

It doesn't have to be a riverdance, true bypass loopers can sometimes get around this.

18. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

yea, it's basically a remote looper setup. I almost referenced that. But, unless you get a programmable looper you still have multiple buttons to press. The Voodoo ground control pro can give you 4 patches (multiple pedals) and 8 stomp box (single pedal) per bank. I'm using a Behringer FCB1010 and pedals that have midi inputs and it works very nice.

I plan on posting a rig rundown of my rack soon. I think I'm done, but I've said that many times before ;)

19. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

20. Fattony

Fattony

21. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Yeah when I said sometimes, it really works best if I always use a couple of pedals together or only one or two out of how many are in my loop and I turn on/off the ones needed for the upcoming song. And still a little tap dance is occasionally inevitable this way. Still better than no looper.

I have considered the midi controller/rack set-up...IDK if I'll go that route.