1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Pedal Day

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CTC564, Jan 16, 2013.

1. CTC564

CTC564 Gold Supporting Member

Just got my Markbass Super Synth pedal yesterday and while I've only had less than an hour with the pedal, I'm somewhat underwhelmed :-(

There is no literature or even a "users guide" that comes with the pedal...as far as I can tell, it has 10 synth presets that are somewhat tweakable via the knobs...

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated...
  2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

Yes, you really have to plug it in to a computer via USB and use the Markbass software to edit patches to get the most out of this pedal.
  3. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roland/Boss, Darkglass Electronics, Fuzzrocious
    you can tweak and save presets with the markbass software available on their website, i love this pedal but ive only edited one patch because of this.

i dont really use a computer that much, i do pretty much all my web stuff on my phone so i have to go out of my way to find a computer to edit patches.

they need to make an app to edit patches on the go
  4. CTC564

CTC564 Gold Supporting Member

Thanks...I'll give that a go...seems solidly built and the reviews were mostly positive

An app might not be a bad idea...TC Electronics has already done it, although I don't find it too practical for my chorus
  5. JohnDeereJack

JohnDeereJack

I got a used one of these pedals recently then sold it a month later. I tried to get on with it and wanted to love it but it's just not user-friendly enough and the sounds aren't the best. As I say I wanted to love this as all the reviews I read were glowing but like OP I was utterly underwhelmed as was the person I sold it on to; he managed three days then had it back up for sale! :D
  6. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I bought this pedal back in July on a whim (1/2 price used at a local GC). I happen to really like it, though it has its limitations. I have played around with the computer editing and that is an absolute must. If you're unhappy with the sounds you can get by tweaking only the pedal, you need to try the computer. If that's not something you want to do, then the pedal probably isn't for you.