1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New pedal on a whim- DOD FX100

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowfreq33, Jul 4, 2013.

1. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Picked this guy up today in a junky little music store in Casper Wyoming.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1372917593.847133.jpg

Apparently it's been modded, RC4558 chips instead of the stock 4558 "type" chips originally used.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1372917782.062002.jpg

From what I've read on the Internet since I got back to the room it's a somewhat rare, but not too valuable pedal. Low gain, smooth overdrive. I'm guessing the mod makes it a little hotter. Goes for $30-$90 depending on condition. I got it for $65, but I guess the mod would increase the value a little, as the RC4558 was the chip used in the TS-808 Tubescreamer. And it is in pretty great shape for a pedal from 1987. There are two small scratches, I'd give it a 9/10.

Unfortunately I won't be able to check it out until Friday, because my gear's buried in the back (front?) of the trailer, and we're off tonight and tomorrow. So does anyone know about this thing? Reviews on the web are generally pretty positive, but they're all from guitarists.
  2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Oh, and it has a cool "bowling ball" finish on the sides.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1372920797.696885.jpg
  3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
  4. zazin

zazin

I have this too. But it sounds not that good for a bass. Maybe I need more setting experiments with it. Do update us if you guys have some info on this pedal for bass.
  5. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Love DOD pedals, I've seen flimsier bomb shelters
  6. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Yeah, I found it to be not good on bass. Cuts off too much low end, almost like there's a high pass filter in there. Probably be great for guitar, or if I wanted to add a blender to my board.