1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New pedals at NAMM 2013

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DiscoFreq, Jan 22, 2013.

1. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Here's my annual list of new guitar effects pedals at NAMM:
    http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2013

Thanks to my T-shirt campaign and everyone who bought a shirt(*) I'm going myself and will do updates every evening (or earlier?).

Already more than 100 new pedals listed (or scheduled to be listed ;)) right now and the show only starts in 2 days!!!

Each pedal page has BB and HTML code to make links with thumbnails, it would be great if you used those when you refer to a certain pedal/picture. These events are the best way to make EffectsDatabase better known.

(*) Including several builders, small gallery at http://www.effectsdatabase.com/news/20130115 and more on the FXDB FB page
  2. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

3. DELACIUS

DELACIUS

wish you guys post some pics for us in Europe!!!!
    All have a great time!!!
  4. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

5. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

ok, so who around here has been beta testing the Source Audio OFD Bass MiniModeler?
    spill the beans...
  6. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

or has a better image where you can see all the labels?
  7. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

8. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Sorry, I was on my phone and didn't see the enlarge thingie.

Well, this looks a lot like a Classic Distorton in a SB2 case. I love my Classic Distortion Pro, now with "Bass" on the label bass players will pay more attention to it.

[​IMG]

So while I am not Beta testing the new pedal, the Classic Distortion is KILLER on the bass, if you like that kind of thing. You know, killer guitar type tube distortion without hiss, awesome fuzz, etc.
  9. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
    Real excited to see/hear/learn more about that Ibanez Echo Shifter...
  10. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

Cautiously curious about the Palmer Octaver.
  11. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    Yes, it is the basic tones from the Classic. The 2 drive knobs on the Classic Pro were difficult to use unless you are Bob Chidlaw in the lab back at Souce Audio. Also, the backpage stuff we put in for bass were not up-front and easy to use. This product resolves all of those issues. If you don't want multiwave tones, this box may be it. Nice to see Bart in the booth yesterday. He is very dedicated and thorough.
  12. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Thanks ;-)

I'll be back for a video (though I'll move slowly today, my feet are ruined as I never saw before)
  13. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

True, True. The 2 drive knobs are not vital to getting the crunch dialed in, although a very cool concept. And I've found that I don't tweak the EQ that much and the SB2 has the tone shaping so that should take care of that part. So this pedal is sure to be a big hit with the Bass crowd, finally.
  14. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

Me too!
  15. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

16. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Hey man, I've been a fan of your site for years :). BUT YOU'RE NOT HELPING MY GAS !!
  17. caeman

caeman The Root Master Supporting Member

Mooer ReEcho Pro?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenteresting.
  18. kurotenshi

kurotenshi

Now you guys just need to put the MIDI adapter for the SB2 series on the market and I will get one...although...I might just go for the classic because of the 6 presets...
    Very nice addition to the lineup anyway.

Thanks DiscoFreq for the list.
  19. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Ok, I finally finished my list of (278!!!) new or updated pedals for NAMM 2013:
    http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2013

I also uploaded my videos (including some prototypes I didn't see elsewhere) and added them to the pedal pages, or you can find them in my YouTube account here:
    https://www.youtube.com/effectsdatabase

As I had some trouble with my video setup(*) I didn't make as many videos as I planned and they're not always as good as I wanted them to be. I have a few more, but there was too much noise on those.
    (* partially because of reading something in a manual after my setup was tested and working :-/)

Conclusion: it was really a great show, I saw some great products (already ordered a few things online) and I met a lot great people there (especially Blake & Holly from Gearphoria!).
    Too bad that because of a few circumstances I couldn't enjoy it as much as I hoped. I ruined my feet really bad the day before the show (running for a plane with shoes that were not old enough to do that, after 1 day at the show 1 heel looked like a raw steak), getting sick (still coughing and struggling with some bugs now, 2 weeks later :-/), the camera trouble (so frustrating...) and when I arrived at home I saw our cat for a few seconds, then she disappeared for 11 days (but she's back now!). I hope to have better luck at Frankfurt Musikmesse (in 2 months) and also make more and better videos there ;-)
  20. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

It wouldn't be NAMM without you, DiscoFreq. Thanks for the hard work and sacrifice.