*** New petal board - needs a power supply? ***

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe Louvar, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

I'm building my new effects petal board, and I need a power supply?

Pedaltran Nano board with four petals ~
    1) Korg Pitchblack Tuner
    2) Boss CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer
    3) Boss CEB-3 Chorus
    4) MXR M-288 Octave

9V (+/-) centers

Which power supply do you recommend for my new board/effects?
  2. IncX

IncX

seems like a One-spot with a 5 pedal daisy chain would be more than enough
  3. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

I would recommend an isolated supply with more outputs than you currently need.
  4. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Absolutely. I have ten or so pedals, threesome which are digital. One spot works just as well as my Voodoo Lab did, quiet and reliable.
  5. Guinness20

Guinness20

dr. tone psu. Nuff said.
  6. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Best thing out there is the Voodoo Labs, but it's way more than you need for those 4 pedals. A onespot and daisy chain will work just fine for now. Anything between the two price points is essentially a onespot in a metal box.

In fact, you can daisy chain off the Pitchblack and easily power the other 3. So a $10 9v adapter and a daisy chain.
  7. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

The BBE Suppacharger is what I use. Much better than a Brick IMO/YMMV. But I agree with what everyone else says. You could easily daisy chain those pedals.
  8. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Wow, way cool.

I just got done looking up the One Shot, a daisy chain 5, and a couple of reverse polarity adaptors.

But daisy chaining off the Pitchblack seems way easier and cheaper too, so that's what I'll do since I already have the 9v, 500mA, KA183 power adaptor for the PB.

Thanks everyone for the help. :)
  9. IncX

IncX

i use this too cause its quite cheap (for an isolated power supply) ... then i have strymon pedals, or even something as light as an EHX micro pog (250 mA).

and i began wishing i invested on a Cioks instead, because the BBE was really weak having a max of only 200mA on 2 channels.

-*-

and just to add, there are some pedals that hate being daisy chained, but they are rare IME. so far, i only discovered that Death By Audio's Robot as the only thing that does not work when daisy chained.
  10. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

[​IMG]

:bag:
    :D Sorry, couldn't help it!

Now to actually contribute something -- I totally agree with the 1spot recommendations; it will work perfectly fine with the pedals you have. If you have different power requirements in the future, then by all means upgrade but I personally wouldn't recommend spending more than you really need at the moment.