New Phil Jones Bass amp coming? This looks yummy.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by urbanpail, Oct 12, 2013.

1. urbanpail

urbanpail

2. urbanpail

urbanpail

Oh come one, really? Nobody?
  3. mbelue

mbelue

I'd say most here would like more English....
  4. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

ugh, yes!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. urbanpail

urbanpail

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

As the others have said, it's hard to glean information from a language you don't understand!
  8. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    <PJB最新情報-その2> Suitcase Jr.今年夏ごろ発売か?

つい先日フィルジョーンズ・ファクトリーを訪問。フィルジョーンズ製品の最新情報を何回かに分けてお伝えしています。今回はその第2弾ニュースをお伝えします。

<PJB最新情報 その2>

フィルジョーンズ氏と一緒に写っているのは、
    今年夏ごろの発売を予定しているSuitcase Jr!

Google Translate made it cystal clear... :confused:

"Or the summer release <PJBsaishinjoho-sono2> Suitcase Jr. This year?

Visit the Phil Jones factory just the other day. It has to tell is divided into several times the latest information of Phil Jones product. I tell you about the 2nd news this time.

<PJBsaishinjoho Sono2>

The In the photo with Phil Jones,
    Suitcase Jr you are planning the launch of the summer this year!"

:bag:
  9. urbanpail

urbanpail

I took it for granted that people would automatically use google translate, silly me. Regardless, thanks for the post.

As we can all plainly see, this has been up online for the better part of a year, and was due to be released last summer. Still, no word from PJ on the amp.

From the translated specs, looks like it may have a 300w output. Maybe after connecting a secondary slave cab? The size, weight, power, and the fact that it has two channels is very appealing. Perhaps they are using the new drivers from the Limited Edition Briefcase?

I am quite excited about the possibilities.
  10. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

If my 15" cab were to accidentally fall on that I can't imagine much left behind ;)

Cute though...
  11. porterbass

porterbass

Yes, that is the Suitcase Jr. It is the same size cabinet and Piranha drivers as the C4 (which you would pair with it for more speaker surface/volume). I've heard that the amplifier section will be somewhere in the 250 - 300watt area. I heard this summer that it was coming, then there was talk about this fall. Not sure of the status but should be a killer solution for many who want a compact combo, especially for upright or fretless bass.
  12. Click on the PJB link at the top of the page, then scroll towards the bottom. The only thing I'm seeing that looks new is the Suitcase Compact. Smaller than the Suitcase by quite a bit. The review in Japanese says that, like the Suitcase, the Compact really needs it's extension speaker. He says it would be fine for jazz and fusion, but not rock. He didn't like the sound of a 5-string so his review is only using a 4-string. The photos and the review are in the PJB factory, which explains why you see almost the entire line. I don't know of any dealers in the USA that would have that many units in stock. BTW one photo shows the Suitcase sitting atop a 6-speaker unit. I believe that is the powered unit having either 250 or 300 watts.