New Pickguard for Road Worn P bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by itsnottruerufus, Mar 16, 2014.

1. itsnottruerufus

itsnottruerufus

Where would I be able to get a black pickguard for my roadworn P? I believe it has the 10 hole style PG and not the standard?
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Fender makes ten hole pg's AFAIK. if not I got a beautiful 13 hole from China on eBay $15 and it fit like a glove. Same guy sells 10 hole.
  3. Lownote38

Lownote38

If it has the 50's routing for the control cavity, a 13 hole will need a few new holes drilled in the body, and one of existing holes in the pickguard will lead to dead space (open area) in the control cavity. You can find the gold anodized guards pretty easily if you need the 11 hole configuration, though.
  4. Arizona Jones

Arizona Jones Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. itsnottruerufus

itsnottruerufus

Yeah, I'm looking for a Black one. I'll try WDmusic, does anyone have experience with them?
  7. laverittjr

laverittjr

I recently ordered a black acrylic single ply guard from WD, for my black classic 50's P (same design as roadworn w/o relicing). It has a very nice, super tight fit all around.

The acrylic material (.120") is thicker than standard vinyl (.90"). Very sturdy and same thickness as Dave gilmour uses on his famous "black strat". You can order with or without rest and pickup cover mount holes. Whichever you desire.

Also, if you look online (numerous websites) you may still be able to find a coupon code to get an even lower price. Mine was $35 retail, and i got it for something like $25 or $26 with the code applied to my order. I THINK it was "facebook 2012" or something like that...

Hope this helps...