1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New pickups for a Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GabeXLeouz, Jan 9, 2014.

1. GabeXLeouz

GabeXLeouz

I have an old Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass Active V, it was my first bass so I would like to improve it just so I can play it around some time, I'm Looking for the right pair of pickups to get for it in order to get a cool blues like sound :help: :help:
  2. GabeXLeouz

GabeXLeouz

no one? :C
  3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Dimarzio Area J 5 string. They fit like a glove, sound classic, and would make the bass sound fantastic.
  4. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

I put a set of Ducan SJB-5's in mine that sound quite nice with the bassmods preamp that I put in together. The combo has a more natural, less "active" sound than the stock pickups and preamp did.