1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Pickups for Epiphone EA-260

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by metamorphosis, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Hello there, Just acquired a Epiphone EA260 bass, and need help finding a set of pickups that would fit/sound good with the hollowbody sound? I love the bass!!! Sounds great, but the pickups are dated and want something that will bring the thick tone out a bit more. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. I have the guitar version of this bass and would love to find a clean bass to add to collection.

I think TV Jones might be the way to go based on size and history of success in Gretsch hollowbodies.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. pfox14

pfox14

Dec 22, 2013
    Why don't you consider having the existing pups re-wound? I recommend Fralin.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Check with Curtis Novak also he does some incredible work and I agree with pfox14 about having them restored.