new pickups for gretch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DangerDays95, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DangerDays95

DangerDays95

Hey guys, so I play a Gretsch G2210 Electromatic Junior Jet Bass, and I’m thinking about replacing the pickups. The stock pickups are a little too muddy for me, so I’m looking for something with a little more twang and a bigger high pass. If you guys have any suggestions, please reply!

2. thomas-k

thomas-k

Pickups ? Thought there was only one.

TvJones thundertron comes to mind, but there would be some routing necessary , not a direct drop in.

3. DangerDays95

DangerDays95

aha ya i ment pickup (typed "s" out of habbit). and thaks thats just what im looking for, depending on how much routing it takes, ill definatly keep that in mind, thir soapbar mount looks closest to what i need.

4. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

You should contact TV Jones through their website and ask them about a direct replacement for that model in a Thundertron or Filtertron. I bet they make one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ctmullins

ctmullins Registered thumper Supporting Member

I don't know anything about your Gretsch, but if it has 250k pots in it, you might try replacing them with 500k or 1M. This mod is supposed to do what you describe above, and it's pretty cheap.

7. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

I had a G2220 (the two pickup model version of your bass) and installed TV Jones Thundertrons in it. There was no routing required, although I did have to slightly file the pickup ring to make it fit. Here's what it sounds like with the TV Jones pickups: http://youtu.be/9boHZpSF5HQ

8. DangerDays95

DangerDays95

ih8law: thanks, thats real helpful. just to clarify, what mounting style did you use?

9. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

English Mount:

[​IMG]