1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New pickups help???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaxel, Feb 10, 2014.

1. theaxel

theaxel

I've got a Riverhead Unicorn that ive been using as a practice bass for quite some time because something has gone wrong with the electronics, but due to the fact that i need a small bass to travel on a bus with i want to buy some nice pickups for it.
    http://dwyers.id.au/ant/guitars/pics/riverhead_body.jpg

I dont really have a clue what to get, i was thinking some emgs as they look like they'd fit pretty well(can route the whole bigger if need be.)

I do want them to be humbuckers though.

2. Liam McMonigle

Liam McMonigle

What style of pups? P, J, soapbar? For P and J pickups Seymour Duncan's are better IMO. Anything else EMG

Edit: just seen there was a picture, I'm on the phone app :).
    EMG's

3. Davo-London

Davo-London

You're in the wrong part of the forum. There is a pickups section, where you will get answers and a lot of folk suggesting you do a search too.

Davo

4. Wallace320

Wallace320

I think you can place a pickup of that proportion, maybe even lettin' those original screwhole there, underneath new pickup, by utilisin' EMGhz or EMG35 and Duncan "blackouts" or "phase".

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I would see about getting the electronics repaired before I would start cutting the bass.