New pickups help???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaxel, Feb 10, 2014.

1. theaxel

Jun 9, 2011
    I've got a Riverhead Unicorn that ive been using as a practice bass for quite some time because something has gone wrong with the electronics, but due to the fact that i need a small bass to travel on a bus with i want to buy some nice pickups for it.

I dont really have a clue what to get, i was thinking some emgs as they look like they'd fit pretty well(can route the whole bigger if need be.)

I do want them to be humbuckers though.
  2. What style of pups? P, J, soapbar? For P and J pickups Seymour Duncan's are better IMO. Anything else EMG

Edit: just seen there was a picture, I'm on the phone app :).
  3. You're in the wrong part of the forum. There is a pickups section, where you will get answers and a lot of folk suggesting you do a search too.

4. Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I think you can place a pickup of that proportion, maybe even lettin' those original screwhole there, underneath new pickup, by utilisin' EMGhz or EMG35 and Duncan "blackouts" or "phase".

5. Sponsored by:

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I would see about getting the electronics repaired before I would start cutting the bass.