1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Pink 80s Bass Day ;)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JamesXP, Sep 20, 2013.

1. JamesXP

JamesXP

Just a hold of this for £50/$80

It's an Aria SLB-2A

Just needs some new strings and it's good to go!

As far as I can tell it's made in Korea and has a lovely plywood body (hehe)

here's pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. StevieMac

StevieMac

Interesting control layout. Can't go wrong at that price. Congrats!
  3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

really nice score there!
  4. JamesXP

JamesXP

The controls are slightly strange...

When in passive mode the top pot is for volume and the one underneath is for tone and the switch is a pickup selector

the far pot in passive mode does nothing but the bottom pot when in active mode seems to be some kind of bass booster/cutter or active tone control.

It sounds fairly well but the strings are awfully dead... they've been on the bass 10 years.. just need to buy more!
  5. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

this looks great. I like pink basses for whatever reason. if only the headstock weren't so terribly 80s. oh well, still looks like a heck of a bass. are the pickups active too, or just the bass boost/cut knob???
  6. almost human

almost human

I hope the first thing you played was a Poison song after you strung it up...

:)
  7. dmac1961

dmac1961 Supporting Member

I was loving it until the pic with the banana headstock loaded. Still, a great deal for 80 clams.
  8. JamesXP

JamesXP

I'm not even sure regarding the electronics i'm not overly knowledgeable myself!