New Power Supply that fits under a Pedaltrain Mini/Nano from Cioks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Testing123, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation Supporting Member

As the subject says, Cioks has recently released a new power supply that fits underneath a Pedaltrain Nano and Mini. It’s called Adam and features:

• 4 isolated outlets with 9 or 12V
    • Outlet 1-2: 9 or 12V DC / 100mA each
    • Outlet 3-4: 9V DC / 250mA each
    • total output current of 700mA
    • short circuit protection of all outlets
    • advanced LED monitoring of each outlet
    • 120 or 230V mains voltage operation
    • detachable mains power cord
    • CIOKS unique mains link feature, Adam easily adds additional 4 isolated outlets to another link power supply
    • very easy mounting to pedal boards
    The ‘very easy’ mounting method consists of drilling two holes in the Nano/Mini and then screwing the Adam unto the Nano/Mini using screws provided.

[​IMG]

You can get more info here: http://cioks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=88

* I am not in any way affiliated with Cioks, nor do I have any experience with this product. Just offering this as (hopefully) helpful info.

2. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Media:
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

That looks nice, but to bad it doesn't have 5 outlets - because 5 nano (1590A) sized petals fit on the Petaltrain Nano board.

4. srcTW

srcTW Supporting Member

By the description two of the outlets support daisy chaining. Anyone know of a US dealer?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

7. Testing123

8. Testing123

I believe Pedalshark (http://www.pedalshark.com/) in San Diego was mentioned as having them or having info on them.
    As I look at Pedalshark's site, I don't see mention of it. You may want to contact them (http://www.pedalshark.com/contact) to inquire.

Also, from Cioks site, Austin Guitar House (http://www.austinguitarhouse.com) is a Cioks dealer as is Guitar Effects Pedals (http://www.guitareffectspedals.com).

9. jeffbonny

jeffbonny Gold Supporting Member

Paul Ciok is seriously on his game.

10. Testing123

Apparently, a lot of folks really like Cioks power supplies. Maybe because they are thorough and conservative in their design, construction and ratings? I dunno... never used one of their products (just what I've read).

11. jeffbonny

He's building accurately rated, bombproof power supplies and paying attention to the configurations people really need. I have one of his bigger supplies because it's the only one available that will power the multiple high draw 12v and 18v pedals I like to use sometimes.

I'm also a diehard Nano user and this new Cioks is next on my gear purchase list.

12. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

You can daisy chain off any of the outlets, and the supply comes with one of their "split flex" cables that powers two pedals from one output. The way it is oriented, it looks like a 5th connection on the supply would make it too wide to fit under a Nano/Mini.

13. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Oh okay, very cool - that solves that problem. Thanks

14. jeffbonny

One of my first thoughts was you could use that outlet for a short IEC-C15 to female Edison to run a higher voltage/amperage wall wart. You could also chain into another isolated PSU on another pedal board. I seem to be moving from ever using any large boards to multiple small boards and chainable PSU's make this a lot more doable.

15. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yep, me too - I only wish the Petaltrain Nano board was designed more for nano (1590a) sized petals. The Petaltrain Nano board could be a little smaller if the open middle gap between the rails wasn't as wide, and therefore much better suited for tiny nano size petals.

16. jeffbonny

I'm designing one in my head that has a round hole aluminum mesh plate like a speaker grill instead of bars just for the reason you're talking about. Drilling a hole grid in a piece of 3/8" Lexan might work too. Later this spring when I go back to work for the guy who has the fabrication shop I'll prototype something probably with whatever scraps and offcuts are around.

17. Testing123

Won't the holes be too small to work with the larger heads of cords such as these?

[​IMG]

18. jeffbonny

I'd run all the patch cables on top. Only the power cables would run up through the holes from a bottom mounted PSU. Running patch cables down and back up looks cleaner but I swap pedals constantly so short cables on top is much more practical.

19. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Awesome. I'd like to see it - after you build it please post some pics and send me a PM with a link to the thread. Thanks

EDIT: PS - here's a pic of my tiny nano petal board. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=402404&d=1395629744

20. Testing123

Disregard, please (sorry)

21. GretschBassist

GretschBassist Supporting Member

WOW. This would power my whole setup.

Shure GLXD16
    EBS MultiComp
    EBS FuzzMo
    EBS Octabass