New powered PA speakers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by thetaxmiser, Jan 18, 2014.

1. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

There are a few threads on these but I thought an update may be helpful. I have a bass specific rig that I will use (GK and Bag End) but I am looking for something portable that can handle bass, guitar, and electric percussion in small venues.

The QSC K series, specifically the K10, seems like a good solution. I will be trying one out this weekend. Perusing the internet I see that JBL has introduced the PRX series, and EV has the Live X series. Anyone have any experience on these?

Any other thoughts / suggestions for this application?

2. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

I know a local bass player who runs a Tech 21 VT pedal directly into a K series powered monitor and loves it. I myself have run my bass directly into an older (but new at the time) PRX512M and liked it. It was a tad bass shy and hit the internal limiters pretty hard, but it was plenty loud, and the bass was fine at practice if I set up in the corner. I'm interested in trying the new PRX715M. Goes lower and louder, and would probably be all I'd ever need, but not even close to within my budget right now.