1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD NEW PRICE-Squier Affinity 5 string jazz-completely overhauled and upgraded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by narud, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narud

narud Supporting Member

This is the baddest 5 string on a budget youre going to find. i dont usually like getting into talking stuff up, but theres a reason for this one.

first off is the playability. this bass plays just as good as my nordy 5. the neck is dead straight and the truss rod will adjust as much forward or back bow that you want. zero flip or raise at the heel so perfect action all the way to the 20th fret. the frets have been leveled so that i could slam the action to the fretboard like i do on my boutique basses. a brand new bone nut has been cut as well. the edges of the fretboard have been rounded so the roll over is super smooth and the back of the neck has been buffed out and waxed.

the pickups are seymour duncan 67/70's and are the perfect match for this bass when passive. pots have been upgraded as well. i dont have knobs for the bass though. the pots are solid shaft so a standard set of jazz knobs will work. the knobs i have were for the pots on the active pre i had in here previously and they dont fit.

condition wise, theres a couple of dings and some worming on the back from a belt buckle. nothing too bad though.

300 shipped and insured via usps
    the new price of the bass is 200. the pickups are 120. bargain basement price on getting a fret level and new nut is around 125.thats 445. 66% of that is 293. so i think 300 with shipping and insurance included is pretty fair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

couple of action videos

2. jlepre

jlepre

Where's the knobs?

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

like i said in the description, i dont have any. the knobs that were on the bass before were for non standard pots that were being used for the active pre that was installed.

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

I thought you had sold this!

7. gus1894

gus1894 Supporting Member

Nice! What is the string spacing at the bridge?

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

sold to the fellow budget bass appreciator madbassplaya!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.