New Rickenbacker Bass released today!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stick_Player, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

2. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Interesting.
  3. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

That's one way of getting the QC under control....
  4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

Cool stuff.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

7. bassmachine2112

bassmachine2112

I,ll stick to my Rick.
    Nice try though.
    Wonder what a Rick sounds like through this software,would it make it double Rick
  8. seamonkey

seamonkey

There are quite a few Rick sample sets, but this one is "Certified" by Rickenbacker. Scarbee libs are always great.

Scarbee himself is a bass player

But as with all sample libs, and virtual instruments, any owner of said instrument is going to say "It doesn't sound like mine" :)

Yeah, I know, "it'll give you the notes" but there is also quite a few articulations included. As a bass player is it blasphemy to use a sampled bass or virtual bass instrument? I don't think so, it is just another instrument in the musicians hands, use of such instruments can get very musical results in the right context.
  9. electracoyote

electracoyote

That bass/drum only section at -11:27 was pretty convincing. Not bad at all.
  10. trothwell

trothwell

I play bass and keyboards, and work on recordings. I've used one of the other Scarbee bass sample packages, and this one sounds much better, at least based on the samples.

But why use such a thing at all? I consider bass to be my primary instrument, but frankly I often find it time-consuming to record the actual bass, rather than use something on a keyboard. It really depends on what I need in the recording; if the bass plays a predominant role, then I'll take the time to record the live bass. Otherwise, maybe for quick demos of song ideas, or final productions that just aren't very demanding of the bass part, a virtual instrument may be faster and easier.