1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New rig and bass day

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DSBass, Oct 24, 2013.

1. DSBass

DSBass

Here`s a few pics of my new rig and my new basses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

3. preside

preside

Dang, did you win the lottery or something. NICE setup
  4. Temezki

Temezki

Congrats! How do you like the Fafner?
  5. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Awesome - I'd like a report on the Fafner as well.
  6. DSBass

DSBass

7. DSBass

DSBass

Haha! Nope. No lottery here :)
    I have traded up a couple of times.
  8. DSBass

DSBass

About the Fafner!

I just got it home today and living in an apartment makes it hard to really try it out. I just tried it on really low volume so I cant say to much yet. It sounded sweet on low volume though.

On sunday I will try it rehersing with my band. I'll get back to you after that.

Take care
  9. DSBass

DSBass

Okey. So I tried the Fafner today at rehersal. I play in a loud rockband so I dont slap. I play only fingerstyle.

I played through an old Peavey 2×15" cab.

Wow! I'm floored. What a sound. I just plugged in my Warwick Streamer. All eq flat except a little more bass. A little compressor. It sounded amazing. It really cut through my 2 guitarist without problem although the cab was a 8 ohm cab. It was articulate, warm and punchy as hell.

I also tried a little drive and it sounded amazing. It gave the sound a little dirt without being to much.

Well, I'm in love. I will record next saturday in the studio. I will use my Warwick, The Fafner and my Hughes and Kettner cab. The Fafner will be DI and the cab micked.