New Rig Pics

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ledyard, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ledyard

ledyard

I wanted to put something together for a side project. but this side project is definitely going to overtake my main band which has become part time lately. Its a 3 pc as of now. It will stay a 3pc instrumentally even if we get a singer(or I may switch to vocals only). But we wanted to do a big presence on stage sound and visually. Guitarist will be running two full stacks and I will be running this:

Attached Files:

2. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    Hope you have a van and roadies :D - but nothing beats big cabs, I bet it sounds amazing.
  3. ledyard

ledyard

The AV cab I have had for a while. I forget the year without looking at it but I remember looking it up and it was the year they switched back to real wood and the great updated drivers. late 09' maybe IIRC? I was skeptical about it being made overseas but when I looked up which one it was all the guru's said its the one to get. Its the best sounding 810 I have owned and I have had 6 (including a 73')
    The Classic cab is a 2000 or 2001. Still sounds good. I bought that one a couple weeks ago.
    The B1500 I got from a fellow TB'r last week. First try with a B1500. I like it a lot so far. I like it even better with both cabs and the Warwick. Running everything at noon except bass is on 6.5 and the treble is dialed back to 3.5. Sounds great there. But I havn't really had any time to mess around with the mid controls. Drive on 7 volume on 5(the room swallows up my sound...one of those rooms)
    The Corvette is a first for me also. I had a 99' Maple streamer that I seriously regret selling. Got the vette last week also.
    This was the first time (yesterday) that I had everything in the same place and hooked up.

What an unbelievable difference between a single 810 and two 810's. Just unreal.
  4. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    Well, normal peoples play with 1x12" or maybe 4x10"... :bag:
    I found out the difference when I played thru one of those G&K combos for doublebass (the old MB150). By itself it sounded nice but when I plugged in the external cab it sounded much, much better. The sound really changed and got massive for such a small amp (150w!). So yes, more woofers definitely make a huge difference in tone. Fieldy used to say in interviews "Buy a 4x10" but start saving for a second one as it really makes a difference... but having 4 of them has to be the goal" or something like that ;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JLY

JLY Supporting Member

West Grove Pa via the Northside of the 'Burg!
    I ran a SVT head with two SVT 810 cabs back in early 80's....hard rock/British metal/originals, the two guitarists each ran a Marshall head with two 412 cabs.....I think the loudest I ever set it was on 4 and I always heard the same thing; "turn down"
    The SVT blew away the Marshall's
    You will have some fun with this rig!
    Good luck!
  7. TheRealKong

TheRealKong

So I know a lots of people, mainly bassmen, who are not normal people. Me includet. :p
  8. ledyard

ledyard

Exactly.
  9. majortoby

majortoby

This is beautiful...
  10. ledyard

ledyard

Thanks man.

I'm sure if I plugged my 62' RI P bass( I use with my other band) it would be awesome too.

Once the live thing starts rolling I will probably try and find another CL or AV grille so they both match visually. Or I will just make some new grille frames and custom cloth them or use metal grille.
  11. Edword

Edword

Don't do that, just start a new TB club. I'll join, I have a black & silver too.

BTW, congrats! Cool rig
  12. ledyard

ledyard

lol, I have to man. They need to be aesthetic. I'm super anal like that.

We should start a "Bass players that use 2- 810 cabs" club though.
  13. MVE

MVE Supporting Member

Two 810s, wonder what Freud would have to say about that???

I'm just kidding, that thing is awesome.

I would probably
    have 2x810 envy if I didnt live in a third story walk-up apartment and drive a sports car.
  14. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

...turn them sideways & take off the grills.

Massive...
  15. ledyard

ledyard

I don't have any problems down there bro. ;)
  16. tonybassman

tonybassman

You are gonna need a bigger boat...
  17. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Just remember what Uncle Ben said.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Attached Files:

18. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I don't think I'm man enough to play through such a rig (but how I wish I were).
  19. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

I use 16 speakers when I got stage space......810 + (2)410......
  20. ledyard

ledyard

nice