1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Rondo Hadean basses? Anybody got one yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Dec 10, 2012.

1. I know they're new but has anybody bought one of these yet?

Hadean EB-6105
    [​IMG]

Hadean EB-9705
    [​IMG]

I like me some Rondo basses and these are catching my eye!

2. I didn't see those on their site, but I did catch a glimpse of this sweet GAS inducing beauty!

http://www.rondomusic.com/EB511TRWH.html

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the tab up top for their 5 stringers. I haven't spent much time on their site. Really diggin on that 9705!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    The wood on the 9705 looks nice in the pic. The bridge looks a bit cheap and thin though.

5. I'm not sure if the bridge in the pic is the bridge on the bass. The description mentions a "custom" bridge and the other Hadean fiver has a high massish bridge.

That P/P bass does look good except for the color.

6. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Downside for me is that the necks are really wide. Too bad.

7. The neck on the P/P is but the fiver necks are tolerable - 1.75". That's the same as a G&L L2000 Tribute 4-string!

8. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
  9. Astreaux

Astreaux

Aug 31, 2012
    Krutonia
  10. Doodaddy

Doodaddy Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have one very similar. It sounds surprisingly good stock and plays pretty well. I will say that it's one of the flimsiest necks I've ever picked up. I'd buy mine again given the chance.

11. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Very GAS inducing. I'd buy in an instant if I didn't already own three G&L L2500s. These are just begging for an installation of "leo's last circuit" (circuit in L2X00 less preamp) assuming the pickups have 4 wires so you can split them etc. for the switches.

I did that to my $10 SX that came with the Barts I bought from a TBer. Even though the Barts really didn't agree with Leo's circuit the way MFD pickups do, it still ended up a VERY nice bass in spite of it all. It just didn't have the range of tone that G&L/Tribbys have.

And a P/P in 5 or 6 string? Are you kidding? Where do I send the money! I keep waiting.

Hammy666 likes this.