1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Roscoe Arrivals

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Wow! Today was a banner day for Roscoe basses here @ Rocket Music. I've got 4 new basses to show, including a used 2012 SKB Standard Plus 5 that is in immaculate condition.

I've been running around like crazy all day, so I'm going to have to post these 4 basses one at a time. This first one was a special order (and "special" really doesn't begin to touch it), so it got photographed first because it had to ship today. The other three Roscoes are still available for sale, and I'll get them posted by tomorrow at the latest.

The owner of this first one asked to remain anonymous, but here is his INCREDIBLE new bass. As wonderful as it looks, it sounds even better. Crazy good slap tone. I can't decide which I like more: the 1-piece walnut body or the 5-piece wenge wedge neck?!? Yum, it's all good.

Roscoe SKB Signature V (Walnut)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
  3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Sound clips before it ships?
  4. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I tried my darndest to find the time to do that, but I failed. UPS will be here any minute... :help:

The bass is fairly bright, and it's quite articulate. The MM pickup is off the hook, especially for slap. The 3-way switch (series/parallel/single coil on the MM) is really useful. When I solo'd the MM pickup, I preferred the series mode (louder, fuller). With the neck pickup blended in, I preferred the parallel or single coil mode. The series mode can get a bit muddy with the neck pickup in the mix.

I loved the tone of this bass, and I'm sorry I couldn't share that with everyone. I really wanted to make that happen. :crying:
  5. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Ryan L and I will back this up:

These sound NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY in the best way you can imagine.

Imagine a SR5 with a truly useful low B and a G string that doesn't vanish like a stripper's at closing time....yeah, that's it.

:cool:
  6. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here's the used (but still 2012) Roscoe that I mentioned above. It's in immaculate condition, I wouldn't hesitate to break out the "mint" word with this one. [del]$2199[/del] $1999 is a steal!

**EDIT: PRICE DROP! Now $1999!**

USED 2012 Roscoe SKB Standard Plus 5 (Bubinga)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here are the last 2 of today's 4 Roscoe arrivals. Holy Heck, I wish our showroom was done so I could hang all of these beauties!!

A couple notes:
    1) The XQM top on the custom is completely nuts, insanely gorgeous in person. And the coco board? Fuhget about it!
    2) Check out the 3-piece maple neck on the standard plus model. Notice anything different? **

Roscoe SKB-3005 (XQM, Cocobolo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roscoe Century Standard Plus 5 (Bubinga, BEM)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

** Roscoe has started putting thin veneers between the 3 pieces of maple, and that really dresses up the back of these necks. Nice work, Keith, Gard, et al.
  8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Wizardry! Supporting Member

That one piece walnut body is nice.
  9. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Proper credit is due here:

That was TONY'S doing, 100%.

Tony, he is THE MAN.
  10. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Well then, thanks Tony!! I didn’t say anything before but I noticed that on my new bass and it really does dress it up a bit and just plain looks great. :cool:
  11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

That pretty much nails it. Freakin LOVE this pickup configuration on a Roscoe.

And I will always be able to say that I had the first one.........

So, what is the order of the functions of the switch? (up is ?, middle is ?, down is ?). I know which position makes what sound for me, but I would like to know which is which.
  12. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    On this walnut one, down is series, middle is single coil, and up is parallel. Sonically and in the same order, that translates to: loud and thick (series); weaker, thinner and noisy (single coil); and weaker and thinner (parallel).
  13. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    ^exactly.

:cool:
  14. LightGroove

LightGroove

Fretboard listed as Pau..Im assuming its Wenge correct? I soooo want this bass. :crying:
  15. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Tony is amazing and that small touch of adding the veneers to the necks is a really nice touch. What else would you expect from Roscoe. :)
  16. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Ooops - fixed it! Thanks for the catch!
  17. wilberthenry

wilberthenry

I WILL own a Roscoe one day. That ship is taking way too long to come in!
  18. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

I guess my ship is right behind yours:)
  19. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

They are amazing basses. If I were going to spend $2,000+ on a bass - and I have - it would be a Roscoe - and they were.
  20. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Yup, that is the order mine is in, then, too. Thanks!