1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New Song I learned

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by hgiles, Jan 8, 2013.

1. hgiles

hgiles

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Doing great keep it up.
  3. hgiles

hgiles

Thanks Malcolm.
  4. ics1974

ics1974

November 2012? Please tell me you first played guitar.
  5. hgiles

hgiles

Ah, no. I know music though. I play saxophone and piano already.

First thing I learned on bass was all the shapes to all the different chord qualities. Then I just play the shape over the bass note. Obviously, I have brain fade and technique problems I need to sort out.

It all goes so much better in my practice room in front of my cat, I promise. ;-)
  6. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Dude after two months I still couldn't hold the thing the right way up lol!

Doing great and kudos for starting on a six, that must take some serious balls.
  7. hgiles

hgiles

Thanks Nashrakh! When I started I just saw the extra strings as "more of the same". Kinda like comparing a 6 octave keyboard to a 7.5 octave keyboard... Yeah I know, I was ignorant at the time, and now realize there is much more required in the way of muting and keeping things quiet. But whatever, I am stuck with it (6 strings) so I will forge ahead.

I think I will two-trackd over a pop cover next, then I can't blame my mistakes on the LIVE band! Ha!
  8. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member Supporting Member

YOU SUCK!!!!

Just kidding, that is great man! Apparently you have a good practice routine.