1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Spector guy here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SunburstSpector, Dec 21, 2013.

1. SunburstSpector

SunburstSpector

My first post. Glad to be here. I currently have a late 80s sunburst NS2A. Recently the knob became loose and came off. It's both set screw holes that are stripped! I hesitate to put a generic similar knob on there as I love the original knobs and I want to keep it original. Any suggestions?

2. dukeisdog

dukeisdog

I've always swapped out my stock Spector knobs for the gold dome knobs, but that's because I prefer the look of gold hardware. I never was a huge fan of the stock Spector plastic knobs but to each their own. I think someone from the Spector club will chime in pretty soon, but I know the plastic Spector knobs are available on their online store. Here's a pic of one of my gold knobbed basses:

[​IMG]

3. SunburstSpector

SunburstSpector

Verrrry nice. The stock knobs on mine are the black metal type. They are the common textured (pointy) style but have the cool 2 smooth ring insets.

4. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Cold Hearted Orb That Rules The Night... Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad