New Steven Wilson Album coming out in February

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bstringkyle, Jan 24, 2013.

1. bstringkyle

bstringkyle

Who else is really excited for the new Steven Wilson solo album coming out next month? The album is titled "The Raven that Refused to Sing (and other stories)" I thought i would share this live performance. The Bass player has a killer tone and the performance just blew my mind.

:bassist:
  2. steele42

steele42

That Nick Begg's, the new SW album is not only a prog masterpiece but Nick also lays down some amazing lines.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Sweet, I am very excited!
  4. progmanjum

progmanjum

Very excited for this one.
    And new Riverside in a few days.
    Very happy.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Yep, can't wait. Any of you guys dig the Storm Corrosion work?
  7. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Steven Wilson is like the Great Musical Hope for the entitlement generation that possess musical gifts, but are bogged down with crummy iPod technology and the lack of respect that goes into free downloads. Steven is bringing back (and pushing to the next level) tantelizing album artwork, deeply progressive arrangements and unbelievable live sound. Happened upon him in 2003 when a friend loaned me a copy of In Absentia. Now it's on my Desert Island Top 5 list and I've been addicted to most of his projects ever since. ...AND I gladly PAY for them!

Long live Mr. Wilson!!
  8. Rich L

Rich L Supporting Member

+1!!!!
  9. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

+1 I loved In Absentia and Deadwing (especially). Haven't checked out Storm Corrosion tho, as I'm sort of in Mikael Akerfeldt burnout at the moment, but perhaps I should give it a chance, no? I'm always surprised how overlooked PT has remained.
  10. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Been listening to this album non-stop the last couple of weeks.

It's simply brilliant!
  11. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Very nice. I didn't know that anyone was composing 12 1/2 minute epics with such complex arrangements and multiple sections anymore. Almost takes me back to da daze of my yoot! :smug:

MM
  12. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Agreed that today's young whippersnappers take many good things for granted, and fail to appreciate their true value (of course, when has that ever NOT been true - for any generation?).

But "crummy iPod technology"? Apparently you've never had the pleasure of coming of age during the era of the 8-track cartridge... :meh:

MM