1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New SUB Base Ray 4 quality

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommar98, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Tommar98

Tommar98

OK, I'm new to the forum. I purchased a new SUB Base, Ray 4 and the first one arrived with a big chip out of the back. I sent that back a got the replacement today. This one has a scratch on the faceplate. The frets also seem to be rough on both sides of the neck (maple). Has anyone else had these type of issues? It seems problematic that such simple quality issues like this make it out the door.

2. russpurdy

russpurdy

The cold months can do a number on fret ends. Mine doesn't have the nicest frets but they are on par with other basses in the price range. I had finish issues with mine as well but it may have been due to the cold.

3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

I have a SUB ray 5 and a SUB ray 4 and both were made with excellent build quality. The only thing I needed to do (which is true of most basses) is use some 0000 steel wool on the back of the neck. Other than that it was in fantastic shape.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Mine is excellent. Gigged it last weekend, performed flawlessly.

5. Register to disable this ad