1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New subforum I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by stratovani, May 26, 2012.

1. stratovani

stratovani

Well, I've scanned all the TB Forum rules, and I don't see anything mentioned about this, so I'll go ahead and post this. The post from free_Bassd called "First gig tonight" got me to thinking that it would be nice to have a subforum dedicated to just gigs and their issues. Over at the FDP they have a subforum just for that purpose called Performer's Corner. I don't think any of the existing subforums, such as Bass humor & Gig stories, is quite what I have in mind, since it seems more humorous than anything.

Thoughts? :confused:

2. hover

hover

My friend Duncan was starting a website like this a while back as a sort of "sage advice" from seasoned players to novices...kinda fell a bit flat, but just the same I like the idea of that here, seems useful

You know, things like
    1) get offstage, THEN tear down (if you're not the last band)
    2) invest in a signal-cancelling tuner (no one enjoys open string ringing between songs
    3) turn the stage volume DOWN so the FOH can do its job.

etc...etc...

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I thought the gig stories forum worked for the fun side and band management for the more serious side

4. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

me too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

This.

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

8. stratovani

stratovani

Go over to the FDP and check out their "Performer's Corner" subforum. That's what I'm talking about. For me "Gig Stories" and "Band Management" is just what the title says.

It's just a suggestion anyways.

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Eh, I'd just hate to have yet ANOTHER forum to have to read through. TB takes enough hours out of my day as it is already :p

10. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

You asked for opinions, im just giving mine. I just think that Gig stories and Band management cover anything a performers forum would. Gigging/performance being a part of band management.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Administrator

i'll pop this over to the suggestion box - i don't necessarily think it's a bad idea (we've discussed something like this in the past).

12. stratovani

stratovani

Sorry about that, John. I had no idea we had a suggestion box here at TB! :oops: