new Tech21 tube bass preamp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by smcbass, Nov 6, 2012.

1. smcbass

smcbass

Has anyone heard any more about the new Tech21 tube bass preamp since the announcement in mid-October? I know someone from Tech21 monitors talkbass, so what's up? That thing sounds like it will be a killer.

2. murphy

murphy

Interested.
    I love my sansamp pedals........LOVE!!!

3. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Awesome!! I'm running two RBI's and the only thing that would make me wanna switch preamps right now is a tube version. Very interested!!

4. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Is it the same model they were offering as a special order on their website for the past year or so?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smcbass

smcbass

Don't know how long it's been offered. The video was posted in mid-October of this year. Tech21nyc, if you're listening, lose the wooden case, and put the thing in a conventional rack case.

7. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

It is priced way beyond any serious interest other than boutique.

8. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    It sounds awesome, but I wonder if they would ever get into the all-tube head game. No doubt it may be rather expensive compared to other ones, but I think it would also conflict with their entire brand association...tube amp sound without the tube amp. At any rate, the preamp in the video sounds awesome. A non-wood rack case would be awesome as well...this thing might replace my VT bass deluxe pedal! lol

9. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    The Formula 21 is a custom order preamp. I believe it takes about 6 weeks to make.

This is hand built with selected components. We are exploring a rack mount version as well. The XLR output is transformer driven. The Character switch allows you to get into Bass Driver territory. When disengaged you get a more neutral but full bodied tube tone. It has its own voice. The speaker sim has no mid-scoop. It is flat but rolls off the harsh high end so it will work very well with a bass speaker cab and obviously direct.