NEW TJ Downloadable DVD's $15... plus $1.99 lessons!!

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson' started by Todd Johnson, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Hi Friends!

I've gone DIGITAL!!

I'm thrilled to announce 2 exciting new projects that are now available at http://toddjohnsonmusic.com/store.php

------------------------------------------------------------

NEW!

"Playin' Through the Real Book"
    Downloadable Video Lessons...only $1.99!!

My newest educational video series "Playin' Through the Real Book" is an exciting new way to learn the tunes that every jazz player needs to know. Whether you are just getting started learning to play jazz, are a more accomplished player who wants to build your jazz vocabulary, or a teacher looking for material for your jazz students, this series is perfect for you!

In each 10 - 20 minute video, I play through bass lines, solos, and chords for each song, demonstrating each section in "bite-sized chunks", both at-tempo and slowed-down, with brief explanations of what I'm playing.

Each download also includes a full transcription of the material and a .mp3 play-along track, all available RIGHT NOW and at a price that can't be beat! "$1.99 each!"

http://toddjohnsonmusic.com/store.php

------------------------------------------------------------

NEW!

Walking Bass Line Module System - Vol. 3
    2011 - Todd Johnson

"Download Only - $15"

Walking Bass Lines Module System Volume 3 is the icing on the cake of walking bass lines! Building on the fundamentals taught in Volumes 1 and 2, Volume 3 covers:

- Rhythmic Articulations
    - Modal Bass Lines
    - Two-Beat Playing
    - Playing in 3
    - Bass Lines on the E & A String
    - Three Ways to Play Thing
    - Transcribing

...and more!

Exclusively available in download format only, and includes PDFs of all of the examples played in the video

http://toddjohnsonmusic.com/store.php

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLUS ALL MY OTHER INSTRUCTIONAL DVD'S ARE NOW AVAILABLE AS DIGITAL DOWNLOADS TOO!!

Walking Bass Line Module System - Vol. 1 New! Download - $15

Walking Bass Line Module System - Vol. 2 New! Download - $15

Technique Builders New! Download - $15
  2. cubop

cubop

Todd,
    Excellent, Excellent, Excellent idea and learning tool. I downloaded the Bb Walking Bass module to supplement our last lesson on the same topic. The digital download is truly a blessing with 3 in 1... Video, PDF and play-a-long MP3. I wanted to download the comping and solo modules yet as you say that is putting the cart before the horse :)
    Thanks so much.
    Enjoy The Journey,
    Tom
  3. cubop

cubop

Todd,
    Excellent, Excellent, Excellent idea and learning tool. I downloaded the Bb Walking Bass module to supplement our last lesson on the same topic. The digital download is truly a blessing with 3 in 1... Video, PDF and play-a-long MP3. I wanted to download the comping and solo modules yet as you say that is putting the cart before the horse :)
    Thanks so much.
    Enjoy The Journey,
    Tom
  4. Green1

Green1

Hi Todd,

Are there any plans to release the walking module 3 on DVD? Thanks again.

Scott
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Scott,

Yes, we'll most likely make Volume 3 available on DVD in the near future. Stay tuned...I'll keep you posted here on the forum.

Thanks,
  7. LM Bass

LM Bass

Great! I'm glad it's ready to go now. More good homework for me.
    -I'll be in touch again soon, thanks
    Laurence
  8. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass
    What exquisite timing for me, Todd--I'm just getting involved in a project that has me hunkered around the Real Book darn near every night. When the compliments start rolling in, I'll make sure you get the blame, er, credit...yeah, credit!
  9. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

These will be PERFECT for you Lee....

Have fun with it and let me know how I can help!! Miss you Pal!!
  10. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

Great learning tool .I took the nice version of bass and solo on blue bossa. Great solo and sound/video quality. Made it easy to learn the solo and also play along with Todd.

This is a GREAT method of learning tunes quickly efficently and correctly!

Keep up the good work Todd and to my fellow TB'ers I would give Todd's video's a big thumbs up!!
  11. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Many thanks for the kind words!! I'm hopeful this "Playin' Through the Real Book" series will benefit a lot of players!! That's why I made them....and why we've worked so hard to keep them affordable!!
  12. luccabf

luccabf

Great material Todd! Will the "Fishin' For Grips" dvd be avaible for download too?
    thanks
  13. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Hopefully the Fishin For Grips DVD will be available as a download....I'll know more in a couple of months. I'll let you know when it is.....for sure!!

Thanks for asking!!

TJ
  14. luccabf

luccabf

15. Kirby71

Kirby71

I would just like to add, I have downloaded 6 of Todd's lessons and the third walking bass module. Todd has really done a great job integrating visual and audio presentation and breaking down the lessons in easy to digest bits. All for $1.99 a lesson too! You cannot beat this at all. I highly recommend them.

Great job!
  16. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Thanks Kirby 71!!! I really appreciate the kind words and especially the fact that the videos working out so well for you. AWESOME!!!
  17. Joelmeyer

Joelmeyer

Hey Todd, I think the Playin’ through the Real book video lessons are great.The videos are perfect to play along with, helps me dig into the tune and find the groove. These lesson are an essential part of my daily practice routine. Can’t beat the player friendly price either. Keep them coming!
  18. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Thanks Joel.....we should have a new one coming out "almost" every week for a while. I'll keep you posted.
    Keep up the great work! I'm proud of you!!
  19. cmullin

cmullin

I have downloaded a few of the lessons and all I can say is WOW. The level of instruction that you get for a mere $2 is second to none. If you want to be a proficient jazz bass player, look no further. Start off by downloading Volume 1 then 2 and you are on your way. The quality of the $2 videos are amazing. Everything is transcribed and the video guides you slowly and step by step. Thanks so much Todd
  20. ebasserk

ebasserk

Todd is fantastic. I've spent a whole day at a clinic with him and it was an eye-opener, especially the walking bass modules. Wow....
  21. jeffc2764

jeffc2764

todd great job as always. can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.