new to android-good music apps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sm49341, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sm49341

sm49341

Ive had an iPod. Wife got me an android tablet for Xmas. Disappointed to see there is no talk bass app. Browser on a tableet is a little clumsy. Also for android' I'm looking for a decent app to organize lyrics for my acoustical jamming/singing. They are mostly PDF files. Anyone have ideas?

2. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Sure there is, I use talkbass on my android all the time. There's a LOT of stuff out for android.

3. sm49341

sm49341

Right, but is there a talk bass app? Just using the browser is so clumsy once you've used the talk bass iPod app.

4. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Yes there is, I'm on it right now! :)

As for your lyrics, android has Polaris to read PDF files. You can use the My Files app to create a folder for your files that you can find easily.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sm49341

sm49341

Thank bio, I'll look into that. I pnly looked in amazon app store. So basically just have the PDFs in a folder and open them.

7. facethebass

facethebass

Used to be an apple guy and then a couple years ago I accidentally went android. Never looked back. The same thing is available for both OS save for a couple proprietary apps. Only diff is that I now don't have to pay 1.99 with Apple for stuff that everyone else gives for free (most of the time anyhow). As for the files, google drive is the way to go. Download google drive on your tab and organize your files from there and it syncs with the cloud storage and is accessed anywhere you can log into gmail.
    PS, not sent from my android app, but it could have been.
    Dean

8. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us Supporting Member

I use the tapatalk app to access TB on my android. It's been pretty user friendly.

9. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Yes, exactly. In case your android doesn't have a file browser installed by default, those are also available on the google play store.

Problem is with drive is you need wifi access or data. But, yes ime drive is suitable for this kind of thing, especially because you can edit.