1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

new to forum , first bass build

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by manupulated, Feb 4, 2014.

1. manupulated

manupulated

HI guys ! been looking on the tb forum for a while and found great builds out here and info's , nice forum and people seems good , heres my first bass build , it got some mistakes i know but its the first and not the last

neck : 5 strings neck modded to 4 strings ,22 frets ,32 inch scale from Carvin usa
    body: mahogany sides , maple center with red birch inserts
    pickups and electronics :emg active 18 volts mod
    strings: d'addario .50-.110
    bridges: from ebay ...
    finish : vinyl sealer and 90 degrees gloss lacquer , still unpolished

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive always liked big string spacing ... its just for show but i do play every day and love it . this bass is going to be modded soon to 5 strings , passive pickups , maple neck with maple fingerboard and may be fretless ... not sure , im looking to build a walnut veneered bass (almost all the parts are in)
  2. the_diplomat

the_diplomat

its quite a beaut, mate.
  3. manupulated

manupulated

thanks , too bad that this one will be a solid color soon because 5 strings wont match much with the 2 stripes
  4. Rowka

Rowka

Nonesense.
  5. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Think of it as having 5 stripes if that bothers you ;-)

I think it looks perfect that way. Throw a clear pickguard and it'll be a beaut.
  6. frankenbass2014

frankenbass2014

id five it and leave the finish alone. its beautiful
  7. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

Please don't paint it. I know it's none of my business, but I'm begging you. Leave it natural. So purty. :)