New to the forum and have a few questions about my setup.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rukind96, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rukind96

Rukind96

I might not be posting this in the right place but... I've been playing bass for a few years now and have a nice setup and all but I had this crazy idea for recording and performing that I'm not sure about. I have my fender rumble 350 with the effects loop going into a wah and a loop. Also through the loop is a vox sound lab into a orange guitar amp. I wanted to attach my amps to my behringer sound board and into the preamp for my turn table so I also have the sound coming through my monitors. What I'm not sure about is that each my bass and guitar amps are combos and obviously have a preamp built in. Would it be bad if I run it through the receiver so I have the monitors too or would that be too much power and cause electrical problems and blow out the monitors?

2. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

So you have 2 amps with their own FX loops? And then you have a DJ turn table? So you want the sound board to have the amps and the turn table going into it and then out to a PA or computer or tape recorder?

3. Rukind96

Rukind96

It's just a turntable to play some albums through the monitors, this set up would be separate . It's the line outs from the guitar amps to the board to the preamp for the monitors. Does that make it more clear?

4. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

Yeah that makes a lot more sense haha I was kinda confused. But yes if your amps have a Direct Out or Line out by all means you can go through the board if its not loud enough. Lots of bass players go straight through the PA or soundboard anyways. Guitarists usually mic the amp into the board if they don't have a DI. Just keep in mind that the sound might get muddy if you have two amps and a singer trying to go through it all.

So as long as the amp isn't from the speaker output you should be fine. Otherwise people have DI boxes at the end of their pedal board so one line goes to the amp and the other to go directly into the board.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rukind96

Rukind96

Ok so I won't be putting to much power through the monitors if it goes through two pre amps? Thanks a lot!