New to wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kaoskater08, Feb 7, 2014.

1. kaoskater08

kaoskater08

Hey guys,

I've been around in the luthier's corner on here but still pretty new to wiring up instruments. I've done some simple work but nothing as complicated as I want to do.

I downloaded this from Best Bass Gear and want to modify it to what I want. This diagram has a Volume/Blend/Tone/Kill switch setup in passive mode....I want to change it to Volume-Tone stack/Blend/Treble-Bass stack/Kill switch/Active-Passive switch/Dual-Single coil switch. I'm still up in the air about making the Volume-Tone a stack or separate pots. The electronics cavity template I have is large enough to fit either configuration, but don't have the wiring experience to make it happen.

Could you guys give some pointers on how I might be able to do this, or do you guys have a diagram that would better fit what I want?

Also on a side note, what dual coil pickups do you prefer and why? I'm thinking about putting the parallel Nordstrand Dual Coil Soapbar's in the bass. I've only had experience with single coils in all my other basses so I'm a novice in that area too :bag:

Attached Files: