1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New TUSQ nut

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Wade10987, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Wade10987

Wade10987

I just installed a black TUSQ nut on my MIJ Jaguar bass. I got an Amazon gift card and got one Jazz nut for the Jaguar and a P Bass nut for a Squier fretless project.

The TUSQ nut was pretty easy to install. I enjoyed sanding and installing it so much it was almost worth the small price just to do a quick upgrade.

I am not dissatisfied with the tone. It seems to be subtle though. Just that the open notes but mostly the harmonics are a little more clear.

Anybody care to share a story about installing a TUSQ note.
    I don't have any specific questions, I just wanna hear about any tone differences you noticed. My ability to judge tone and those kinda hearing skills are not exactly advanced, so I barely notice a difference. Mostly I like that the black nut looks cool where the white one was.