1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New Used Amp Day!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BaileyMan, Mar 30, 2014.

1. BaileyMan

BaileyMan

I finally decided on the bass rig I want (Ampeg Portaflex, pf-800, 2x10 and 1x15) and began waiting patiently for the various components to show up on the used market.

Friday on the local CL was the complete rig, nearly meeting all my specs. It's got a pf-500...No biggie. It'll work for me and if I want I can sell it and get the pf-800 later. It looks to have never been gigged, everything works perfectly. Total cost was about half of what it goes for new.

I'm very happy today (however my neighbors won't be :D)

:bassist:

2. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps
    I'm playing the waiting game too…. Congratulations on your new acquisition !! :cool:

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Very cool...enjoy!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BaileyMan

BaileyMan

Oh it happened alright! And here are the pics to prove it! I just didn't think anyone was particularly interested in seeing pics of a pretty standard rig. As much as I love it, it's not exotic...

One feature that I'm digging is the line in and headphone out on the front of the amp. I practice a lot with headphones and it's great to be able to plug in the iPod and play along with stuff.

[​IMG]