1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New user, former bassist turned guitarist going back

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markschuler, Nov 24, 2012.

1. markschuler

markschuler

I recently played bass with some old friends who were both guitar players and I loved it!'

I wanted to pick up a bass and amp and I am out of the loop. I am eyeballing a GK MB112ii (new for $275) and a 1999 Warwick Corvette Standard bass (used for around $550). Are these good starting choices? I want to stay under $1000, but my guitars are all high end Anderson's and Suhr's and I want good, well-made pieces.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Mark
  2. BassPlayer95

BassPlayer95

Personally, I can't speak for Warwick myself, being as I'm still on a starter bass, but I've heard videos and everyone on here loves them, they seem really great. Did you buy used? i think the price is a little high. Congrats though!!!
  3. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    If it's a German made used Corvette, that's a great price! Be sure to check out its country of origin. Sounds like a great deal though, I own a Corvette and am absolutely over the moon with it :) have fun!
  4. mcook

mcook

i am certainly not an expert since i recently started playing. i did do a lot of research and found the esp b104 had 5 star reviews without a bad review in 18 different reviews. i bought used on ebay for very low $xxx. they sell new for well under 5c:hyper:
  5. markschuler

markschuler

The bass was made in 1999, so as I far as I can tell, it is German, correct?

Mark

PS Any thoughts on the amp?
  6. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Beware of separation of the pieces of the neck and/or headstock on the Warwick.