1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New user, former bassist turned guitarist going back

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markschuler, Nov 24, 2012.

1. markschuler

markschuler

I recently played bass with some old friends who were both guitar players and I loved it!'

I wanted to pick up a bass and amp and I am out of the loop. I am eyeballing a GK MB112ii (new for $275) and a 1999 Warwick Corvette Standard bass (used for around $550). Are these good starting choices? I want to stay under $1000, but my guitars are all high end Anderson's and Suhr's and I want good, well-made pieces.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Mark

2. BassPlayer95

BassPlayer95

Personally, I can't speak for Warwick myself, being as I'm still on a starter bass, but I've heard videos and everyone on here loves them, they seem really great. Did you buy used? i think the price is a little high. Congrats though!!!

3. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish.

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    If it's a German made used Corvette, that's a great price! Be sure to check out its country of origin. Sounds like a great deal though, I own a Corvette and am absolutely over the moon with it :) have fun!

4. mcook

mcook

i am certainly not an expert since i recently started playing. i did do a lot of research and found the esp b104 had 5 star reviews without a bad review in 18 different reviews. i bought used on ebay for very low $xxx. they sell new for well under 5c:hyper:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. markschuler

markschuler

The bass was made in 1999, so as I far as I can tell, it is German, correct?

Mark

PS Any thoughts on the amp?

7. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Beware of separation of the pieces of the neck and/or headstock on the Warwick.