New Warmoth build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Margus Alviste, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hi everybody! I just finished a custom Warmoth build for my client. It's an Alder body instrument, with Wenge/Wenge neck (slim profile with graphite rods), Lindy Fralin single coils, J-Retro pre and Babicz bridge. It turned out so well that can easily compete with my high dollar boutique basses. To be true it sounds even better than most of them. I LOVE Wenge! Amazing playability and that raw sound! And those Fralins, mmmm!!! :)

Attached Files:

2. More pics...

Attached Files:

3. More pics...

Attached Files:

4. Dmwphoto

Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do? Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Richmond va
  5. Sponsored by:

6. And more...

Attached Files:

7. roninrindra

Nov 26, 2013
  8. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004

May 30, 2003
  10. That may be one of the nicest five string J type basses I've ever see! And the action looks slammed, just how I likey.
  11. Thanks! Besides the look it really plays well! Warmoth does excellent stuff. That particular Warmoth Deluxe 5 plays much better than any 5-string Fender I ever tried. :) And it has 19mm string spacing!!! :)
  12. Very pretty. Very classy. That thing just looks like it sings
  13. Grissle

May 17, 2009
    Sweet, how's the weight on the all Wenge neck like? Also I thought Warmoth only did steel reinforcement rods?
  14. Wenge neck with the graphite rods is much lighter than the previous necks with the extra metal bars. Yes, they do offer graphite rods (USD 60) now. There's no neck dive at all although the body was appr. 4lbs. So the bass is medium weight.
  15. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola

Jan 26, 2013
  16. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I have a Wenge/ebony neck from Warmoth. Steel rods and no neck dive. Its a beauty.