New Warwick cases?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by BoomBoomOGTL, Feb 23, 2013.

1. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

These were mentioned here on the forum last month and were to be released at NAMM.

Now that NMM has passed, does anyone have any info on them? I could use a replacement for my $$ and the aftermarkets don't fit these bodies too well.

2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Ooh. Subscribed. I'm also interested in learning about these. I definitely need one for my Thumb BO 6. I'm nervous anytime I take my bass out of my home in a gigbag.

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
  4. BoomBoomOGTL

So, its an upgrade of the current flight 'style' case I see. I've got the older one and I thought it was just fine, albiet a bit expensive.

Warwick needs to release a quality molded ABS (read; reasonably priced) case that both protects and fits the Warwick models specifically well.

As an example, Fender finally has a fantastic molded SKB case w/TSA latches that fits the Ps and Js perfectly and they sell all day long for $139 or less.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
  7. BoomBoomOGTL

Thanks Warwick Official. That looks great and priced right too. One question: How does it fit a Corvette? (I need to transport a German $$4 and $$5?

Is this a generic case meant to fit 'any' bass or does it fit the Corvettes securely which I've found most generic cases do not and they flop around inside. Thanks.

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    In this case, I would suggest to contact the retailer who can check the fit precisely for you. Bass Alien is a member here, also. Thanks again!

9. bassalien

bassalien

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bass Alien
    Hi, the ABS is great for the price and lightweight, but it isn't snug like the flight cases are. The flight cases have plush foam inserts to limit movement. The ABS will work well unless you're tossing it around a bit.

I'm sure there are creative ways to limit movement within, but I don't want to recommend any!