New Years Resolution Support Club

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bassic Playing, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    Hi guys.

I'll start with a little background info. Since leaving high school this year and starting a pre-university job, my bass playing has seriously stagnated. I've hardly played, and when I do, it's just 5 minutes of random noodling, and haven't even thought about finding a new band.

But I'm going to change that. Today is the day I want start to revitalize my playing. Inspired by a message on Mr Devine's great website, I am going to begin to rebuild myself as a musician and bass player. Every day I'm going to learn something new, and post it here, to reflect on my progress, whether it be ear playing, scales, jamming or any other knowledge.

What I thought would be awesome, was if anyone else could join me on this resolution, posting their progress here, lending each other support and tips, and just generally helping each other out in retaining focus, optimism, and determination.

Anyway, have a great New Years everyone, and good luck :bassist:
  2. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    Alright, so today I had to learn a bunch of songs on guitar for a upcoming thing, so while I was learning the chords and whatnot, I though about how I might place a bass melody underneath it, focusing on the scales and modes I might use.