New ZON TJ6 commercial on YouTube!!

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson' started by Todd Johnson, May 20, 2008.

1. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Hi Friends,

I thought I'd let you all know that we have a great little film/info-mercial on my ZON TJ6.

Check it out.....leave a comment....let me now what you think etc.

You can see it at

This ought to create a little "G.A.S." out there. :D

Enjoy!!!

2. cheapimitation

cheapimitation

Hey, nice infomercial! The only other things I might have wanted to have you address would be string spacing, both at the nut and at the bridge -- while these specs could of course be gotten from Zon, I would have liked to hear your thoughts on your preferences and how they relate to your style and hands. I myself play with a very narrow spacing at the bridge (about 14 mm, on a 7 string which I modified from a 6 string Peavey TL-6) and nut, and find it helps with my technique, especially in regard to muting. But, all in all, a fine video, and I hope to be able to try that bass some day.

Mark

3. mikeypbass

mikeypbass

The upper register reminds of Kenny Burrel's guitar tone, my personal favorite guitar tone ever

If that didn't have a low b, i wouldve already bought it lol

4. dean82

dean82

Hey Todd, I just received you Walking Bass Module DVD and started going through it. So far so good.

I was wondering, does Zon make a TJ 5 string? I don't think I'm ready for a 6, but a 5... Now that would be cool.

Thanks for the great DVD

Dean

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. derelicte

derelicte

7. Bernie Connors

Bernie Connors

Nice, Todd!

The demonstration you did with the B string was pretty amazing.

The tone in the upper register is indeed sick. Very nice!

8. Alun

Alun

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    Having had the pleasure of hearing Todd's bass in person and having a little play on it, I can assure you this is a very lovely bass indeed.

Cheers
    Alun

9. dystopiate

dystopiate

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar
    It's a little hard to find the TJ model on Zon's website. When you go to zonguitars.com, go to the Sonus section at the bottom, then the "build your sonus ____" section. There will be a frame that has the TJ option in it there, including minimum sale price for various options.

The TJ does come in 5 (and 4) string options.

I love Zon's, but I hate the website!

I wish more shops would carry Zon floor models. That TJ is a little hard to resist... even without having played one!

10. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

I DO NOT need another bass. And I hate this thread;) There aren't too many Zon's in my area but I did get a chance to play one a few years ago and it felt just awesome. The TJ Zon looks and sounds amazing! Well done!! One day...

11. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Hi Dean,

I understand that Joe DOES make this bass in a 4 and 5 string version.:hyper: Cool huh?!?!?!.......:cool:

But you'll have to contact him for the details OK??

Happy hunting!!!

12. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Yeah, the website is tough to navigate. The good news is that you can call them and talk to them personally and get things the way you want them!!!!

13. LM Bass

LM Bass

Always inspiring to hear you play, Todd!
    The Zon bass just sounds wonderful, congratulations.

Laurence, Vancouver BC

14. Honk'n_down-low

Honk'n_down-low

Just saw the info mercial and the Bass looks amazing - your playing is fantastic and inspiring - I just picked up my first 6 and I am looking for chord solo type pieces to play. GAS for a Zon!

15. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

I have a "solo session" DVD that's full of stuff like that if you're interested......I also offer "iChat" online lessons.....I'll also be coming out with my "chord melody" method on Book/DVD in June.....OR.....The next time you see me, you could bug me and have me show you what you'd like to know!! ;)Ha!! That's the best option!!!:D

On a serious note.....don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service.

Thanks so much for the kind words.....it's appreciated!!

16. Honk'n_down-low

Honk'n_down-low

Thanks - I have been looking at the instructional material you have and I plan on checking it out. The upcoming release caught my eye. In the solo sessions are those instructional or performance based?

When I am in LA - I will drop over for a some quick pointers : )

Seriously - I think 6 Strings are going to continue to grow - I still love my 4's - but when you spend a lot of time on a 6 it is strange going back to 4 strings.

I love what you do - you carry the whole tune and it looks effortless - sounds great - I hope to be able to play solo like that at some point. From what I can see there is not a lot of material focused on the 6 String player. I realize that most of standard 4 string material can apply. It would be nice to some complete instructional material totally 6 String in nature.

Thanks!

17. sptgame

sptgame

quick question i'm not a practicing bass player more of a keyboard guy, anyway sister nancy bam bam the bassline consists of about 5 notes i cannot for the life of me figure out what they are the help of some experienced musicians would be most appreciated

18. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

sptgame,

Sorry, but I have NO idea about "sister nancy bam bam"....is that a band?....a song??

Also, my forum isn't really the place for this question. Try one of the "general forums" for a question like this. I'm sure some the guys can help you in a minute.

Sorry, I wish I were more help......

Sincerely,

19. edfriedland

edfriedland Supporting Member

Todd,
    I can't even put into words how much I'm digging the TJ6! (That's pretty tough considering I write words for a living!) Man, this bass is the freakin' end! It's totally in the hands, I don't use the eq, except a little high rolloff. The bass is so responsive, it's like a fine acoustic instrument. It articulates no matter how light you play, and it when I dig in, it just sits there and goes "okay, that all you got?" Every note on the bass is a gem, and the chords blend beautifully. It plays so effortlessly - I just got better, without practicing! It's love - thanks to Joe and you for making my dream bass!

20. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Dear Ed,

Wow....AWESOME!! I'm so glad you're thrilled with the instrument. It is REALLY hard to put into words....yours are better than mine I must say.

CONGRATULATIONS on finding your dream bass....:hyper:

I'm going to quote you on this!! :D

Now I'm looking forward to hearing you play it....are you doing a "product review/commercial" for it?? If you do be sure and let me know.

Again....CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!

Your friend and fan,

21. ZonBass

ZonBass

I've got a Zon as well :bassist: though it´s a Sonus Special 5 but it´s a truly marvellous bass, the sound is amazing as well as it´s playability!:D and yeah, LOVE the way you play bass Todd, absolutely mind-blowing!