1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New ZOOM MS-100BT Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gerard_66six, Dec 2, 2012.

1. gerard_66six

gerard_66six

Hi fellow TBers,

Has anyone tried this yet? I know this one is designed for guitars but maybe there are usefull patch/es for bass? Or maybe ZOOM will also release a version of this pedal for bass.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-100bt

From ZOOM's web site:

"With the size and weight of a typical single stompbox, the MS-100BT includes a thorough lineup of high-quality effects types. It features 92 stompbox effects and 8 amp models. Along with distortions, reverbs, modulations, choruses and other classic effects, its amp models simulate some of the most prized pieces of live and studio gear."

Cheers,
    Gerard
  2. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

I have the Non bluetooth version coming ... should be here before the weekend.

I'll do a real world test at gigs.

For what I what it for the fact that its not bass specific is a non factor.
  3. xikbastard

xikbastard

i own the B3 and been looking at this as a replacement, so let me know how this stacks up :).

hate to use a blender pedal to blend the dirt/drive tone.
  4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

This looks interesting, but I really wish there would be an Android app for it.
  5. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

They are releasing a non bluetooth, bass-specific version with bass amp models etc
  6. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

I bought the MS-50G even Though I knew there would be a Bass Version at some point .... I figure if this works like I think I'll want 2 anyway :)
  7. ryansalmond

8. gerard_66six

gerard_66six

Darknut,

I am sure many of us here on TB will be waiting for your test result.

Can we request a detailed review from you? :hyper:

Anyways, goodluck with your testing, hope to hear from you soon ^_^

-Gerard
  9. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

The Bluetooth function would be much more cool if you could control the pedal,with you phone too. Have this tucked into your rack and have the phone controlling it. Maybe a hack to come.
  10. xikbastard

xikbastard

that is ideal. i went thru the app and theres really nothing interesting, seriously lack of content.
  11. xikbastard

xikbastard

any ETA?

seems like i can have a Guitar bluetooth version and a bass specific version on my board.

that would be a pure win.
  12. honotron

honotron

No Korg G5 emulation, shame, it would've made a great standalone synth pedal
  13. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

Bumpin' a Zoombie thread to see if any one has any experience with this Dude!
  14. ryansalmond

I do, on guitar & acoustic. What are you wondering?
  15. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

I think you answered my question in the other thread. Just wanted make sure the StompShare FX are the same quality as the on board ones.
  16. ryansalmond

Oh did I haha

Yes some of my favourite effects in there are from the ios thing. Some of the worst are in there as well. So it's definitely down to the individual effect, not whether it came from the store or was stock. But yeah, when you get a new amp you love for $2, it's like being a kid on Christmas.
    Now that I think of it, all four of the guitar amps I use are downloads.

There are a lot of effects in there now too. That was something that bugged me about the line six m series- they suggested they would do continual updating and then only really did one. Zoom has done 4 or 5 batches of new effects so far, and could easily do several more just using the effects that are so far specific to the ms60b and ms70cdr.