1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Newb here, is there a sticky or thread for getting started?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by sunvalleylaw, Jan 1, 2014.

1. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

I looked at the sticky titles in this sub-forum, but really just find more specific topics and the exercise thread. Is there a newb, getting started thread somewhere?

Thanks!
  2. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

Bump. Nothing? Just point me in the direction of a thread. thanks guys!
  3. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

Well, I did find a whole 'nother sub-forum, called "General Instruction". I might find some stuff in there. I landed in this technique sub-forum first instead.
  4. tonym

tonym

5. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. I am working through the lessons on Rocksmith 2014, which I also got for Christmas in addition to my new bass, but thought I would want more. I am a guitarist already so do have knowledge of chords and scales and some rhythm stuff from a guitar perspective. But I wanted to learn good technique from the beginning with bass, rather than have to correct things later as I did with guitar.
  6. That1Dude

That1Dude

So glad I just found this post. I just got Rocksmith 2014 and my new bass, but felt like it was just teaching me how to memorize what I see on screen instead of really "teaching" me so I decided to look here for any beginner tips before posting.

thanks for the link!