NewBassDay--LPB P/J!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkingroovin, Jun 30, 2013.

1. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

I've always enjoyed these 'NBD' posts but,having a pretty high turn-around rate at my place,I can't recall ever posting one of my own..Well,I GOTTA brag about this one!
    I was told by my loving wifey to "get myself something nice" for Father's Day and I've been wanting both a Lake Placid Blue bass and a P/J configuration for quite a while,so I managed to kill two birds with one stone with my latest assembly..
    DSC01057.JPG DSC01054.JPG
    Warmoth LPB P/J body(alder)
    SeyDunc SPB-3 P p'up
    Fralin single-coil J p'up
    Bayou Cables stacked pot harness(V/T,V/T)
    WD Blue Abalone 'guard
    Vintage threaded barrel bridge
    'F' branded Hipshot Ultralite tuners
    Flamed maple J-profile neck w/a curly maple 'board and reverse headstock
    9lbs even

This thing THUMPS!! The vol/tone controls for each p'up allow for a more articulate mixing,and each p'up solo'd sounds great as well..it's like having three basses in one. I'm really impressed with the bridge p'up,as it doesn't sound thin or weak like most P/J's I've played,it's as burpy/growly as you'd expect from a standard Jazz configuration and compliments the beloved P thump very well.
    I almost hate to say it,but after a couple weeks and four gigs,it's knocked my MIA Fen. trans-orange J to the 'back-up' position! I tried to wait until the honeymoon period was over before bragging,but I don't see myself ever getting tired of this one :bassist: