NewBassDay--LPB P/J!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkingroovin, Jun 30, 2013.

1. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    I've always enjoyed these 'NBD' posts but,having a pretty high turn-around rate at my place,I can't recall ever posting one of my own..Well,I GOTTA brag about this one!
    I was told by my loving wifey to "get myself something nice" for Father's Day and I've been wanting both a Lake Placid Blue bass and a P/J configuration for quite a while,so I managed to kill two birds with one stone with my latest assembly..
    DSC01057.JPG DSC01054.JPG
    Warmoth LPB P/J body(alder)
    SeyDunc SPB-3 P p'up
    Fralin single-coil J p'up
    Bayou Cables stacked pot harness(V/T,V/T)
    WD Blue Abalone 'guard
    Vintage threaded barrel bridge
    'F' branded Hipshot Ultralite tuners
    Flamed maple J-profile neck w/a curly maple 'board and reverse headstock
    9lbs even

This thing THUMPS!! The vol/tone controls for each p'up allow for a more articulate mixing,and each p'up solo'd sounds great as's like having three basses in one. I'm really impressed with the bridge p'up,as it doesn't sound thin or weak like most P/J's I've played,it's as burpy/growly as you'd expect from a standard Jazz configuration and compliments the beloved P thump very well.
    I almost hate to say it,but after a couple weeks and four gigs,it's knocked my MIA Fen. trans-orange J to the 'back-up' position! I tried to wait until the honeymoon period was over before bragging,but I don't see myself ever getting tired of this one :bassist: