1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Newbie Bass Player

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by solvera2010, Dec 30, 2013.

1. solvera2010

solvera2010

Hey all. I am a 45 year old going 25 at the moment. I played in various groups doing covers mainly. I have played keyboards, drums, and did vocals. I have always had a love for bass so here we go! In November for my birthday I purchased my first bass from Best Buy(believe it or not) a black cherry Schecter Stiletto Extreme-4 with a 180w amp and the cheapo Korg pod effects piece of c***. I have since added a passive vintage SX 4 string with the vintage pickup covers and now added a black Squier deluxe jazz bass v active 5 string bass. Oh and lets not forget I returned the Korg effects processor for a Line 6 Pod XT Live with the bass Module add-on.
    I have jammed with a group of old guys, with a group of guys who just want to have fun, and now with a metal band. Crazy am I?

Okay, yeah, I'm going hyper speed with this. Here's a question for the bassists who have been gigging already... How do you learn so many songs???? I know how to read tabs, love funky bass songs so I have learned some Duran Duran songs, van halen, metallica, 70's rock(a few songs) but when I jammed with this band they told me they have a huge set of songs they play... how in the world am i going to learn all those songs to have some value in the band?

Thanks.