1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Newbie to TB

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ilikesnackpacks, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ilikesnackpacks

ilikesnackpacks

Hello fellow TB'ers! I have been lurking these forums for a few months but only recently joined.

I am fairly new to bass, only picking one up 6 months ago when offered a spot in a gigging cover band. Luckily I had played guitar off and on for about 9 years up to this point.

My current gear includes a MIM Fender Jazz, Squire P Bass and newly acquired 1995 Ibanez ATK300. I currently gig with a Fender Rumble 350 combo amp, and also own a Hartke A70.

Next year I plan to upgrade to a GK 1001rb plugged into a GK 410. Probably overkill for the smaller bars we play, but hey, perfect for when we hit the big time :)

Very glad to have found TB.
  2. CraigMack

CraigMack

Welcome to you. I'm a TB newbie too. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387937078.194565.jpg
  3. CraigMack

CraigMack

Sorry for this newbie question, but I just can't figure it out. G-A-S?
    What does this mean in this blog?
    An example:
    "I'm gassing for a new bass..."
    ???
  4. bull_fiddle

bull_fiddle

Gear aquisition syndrome. it affects many musicians, especially after getting bass/guitar mags, going to music stores in different towns, or hearing a great bass player.
    Not supposed to be fatal, but can cause severe damage to credit cards and relationships. unless your SO has GAS too :)
  5. CraigMack

CraigMack

Lol!!
    My wife calls it Guitar-mania!!
    I've definitely got a bad case of GAS right now. Waiting on a delayed UPS delivery that should cure me for a while though!

Thanks