1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sickkiwi, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ivan. A Kiwi living in Australia. Have always liked bass. As the song goes "Totally addicted to bass" So at soon to be 54, I had a senoir moment,(had my mid life crisis earlier, when I bought a 79 Corvette) when I thought dammit I'm getting a bass. Done that. Now all I have to do is learn to play it. But so far am absolutely loving it. Came across this forum while searching for reviews on Band in a box and joined. Be prepared for some really dumb questions from me. I hope by the time I hit my walking frame and dribbling down the front of my PJs, I might be a reasonable player. Cheers. :bassist:

2. Welcome to TB and bass in general. :)

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Feb 11, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Welcome to TB!

Check out my link thread below.

5. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

There are a number of us old guys here, I think you will like it. We seldom call each other "Dude" and there are no dumb questions. .

6. OKCSTLMark

OKCSTLMark

Mar 8, 2014
    I'm a newbie as well I started playing when I was 53 and I am now 55. I just purchased the Rocksmith 2014 setup about two months ago. I think it's a great training tool and it helps to keep me interested by results.