Newly installed j-retro deluxe has no output in passive mode

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BKing, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BKing

BKing

Hi,

Just wanted to pick the brains of fellow TBers with more electronic installation knowledge than I (I have little to none!) before I send an email to John East. I installed a new J-retro deluxe in my Lull 4V; it has Fralin singles installed. I'm still a newbie to soldering. This particular 4V has the output jack on the side of the bass, not in the control plate. So, I had to un-solder the output jack from the j-retro, route the wires through the wiring "channel" to the output jack and re-solder. Everything works fine in active (other than the output volume is lower than the bass was in the original passive setup - think I need to adjust the volume trim for the two pups). But, when I switch to passive, it's dead quiet. I'm wondering if a soldered connection came loose when I finished attaching the output jack to the jack plate - I plan to check that this evening. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BK
  2. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

I would send your question to John East. He's very responsive and will help you run the problem down better than anyone else.
  3. BKing

BKing

Yeah, I'll probably email him this evening right after I double check to make sure none of the solders broke free. I'll report back if its something that may benefit other.

BK
  4. BKing

BKing

Well, I sent an email to John East, via the website, on the 6th but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? It appears that all of the solders to the output jack are intact and correct. Thanks for any info you can provide.

BK
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. John East

John East

Disclosures:
    Owner of E-Pro & East UK
    I only just saw this and don't seem to have received an email from you, not sure why.

Please pm your email address, thanks!