1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NFBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff K, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Okay boys, get your minds out of the gutter. New FRETLESS Bass Day. Picked this up a couple days ago. The pic with the white pickguard is how I got it.

Put on a tort guard & D'Addario Black Nylon Tapewounds. A little bit of Howard's Feed & Wax on the fingerboard really brought the richness out in the rosewood. It's a '93 or '94 MIJ. The tort guard actually belongs to a friend of mine. I'm just using it until mine comes in. Mine is a bit of a lighter brown tort. I'll post another pic when it comes in.

Oh yeah - I had a set of Nordstrand NJ4's sitting around unused, so she's now wearing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

what a nice looking fretboard.

3. BenWhoPlaysBass

BenWhoPlaysBass

That thing looks gorgeous, bet it sounds just as well! Good buy, fella.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I think it looks better in person than the pics. Regular flats would probably look better, but these tapewounds are sooooo cool to play on a fretless.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wyattsgroove

Wyattsgroove

Sweet. I am so gassing for an unlined jazz bass. Seem to be rare these days?

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Okay, I finally got my new pickguard. It's also tort, but a lighter brown than the one I was borrowing. The pic still makes it look darker than it is, but I think it looks a lot better with the new, lighter one.

[​IMG]

8. Tbone76

Tbone76

Beautiful bass! Black and tort is a great combo. If you want a more traditional look in a tapewound, LaBella makes a "white" tapewound string that has a clear tape instead of black. I had an opportunity to pick up a MIJ fretless in olympic white/tort a few months ago. I should have, but oh well! Congrats again!

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Thanks T-Bone. White would have been my preference, but this black one is growing on me!

Yeah, I saw those "white" tapewounds advertised, but I got a killer deal on these D'Addarios a few months back. They're really nice, especially at the price I got.