1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NFL Week #13

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Vike at Pack

Hoping for a comeback game. Pack should be disgusted with themselves for laying egg at Met Life.

Ponder has not been the same QB he was earlier this season, but Vike is better than everyone thought at season's start.

Norris division games tend to be close.

Pack 31
    Vike 24 http://packerpalace.com/palace11/chuckles.html
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I hope the Dolphins win.

-Mike
  3. stratovani

stratovani

Nope. Pats will kick their finny butts.
  4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

The question most Niner fans are wondering is whether Harbaugh will start Kaepernick or Smith with most believing Kap will get the start. Honestly, I could see him going back to Smith after two weeks off to recover from the concussion and Kaepernick getting valuable experience to have a full competition for the position next offseason.

But either way, the more important question for me is whether the 49ers can beat the Rams at home after nearly losing to them in their own house and having to settle for a tie.

And on the topic of the NFC West, BOTH starting CBs for the Seahawks tested positive for performance enhancing substances?

I guess their big, physical corners didn't feel they were big or physical enough.
  5. LAG

LAG

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Green Bay coming off a disappointing loss last week. Not this Sunday. The green and gold will beat the purple people teasers in Lambeau.

Packers 35
    Queens 22
  6. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

are the stillers going to wait until the final drive to lose again?
  7. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I hope Kaepernick (sp?) gets the nod. I really like that kid.

On another note, I'm really starting to dig Robert Griffin III. The dude just seems like such a good guy, and totally humble. Loving it.

Ndomakong Suh is still a piece of dookie.
  8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

I didn't think the Suh kick was on purpose.

On another note, Kap gives the niners a much higher ceiling on offense. Won't take as many sacks and can throw downfield. Smith was doing ok, but had reached his limit. I'm sure Smith wants to bust a Kap now...bwahaha.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Same here. Refreshing. I even like the Subway commercial he is in. Fun to watch him play too. So fast!

-Mike
  10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Agreed, he seems like one of the really good guys. I finally got to watch him play for an extended stretch on Thanksgiving--the hype is fully warranted!
  11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

We shall see. Prior to 2010 and 2011, the Fins generally split the series with the Pats from 2004-2009, even in Miami's mediocre and bad years. It all hinges for Miami on whether Tannehill will be sharp enough to take major advantage of NE's paper-thin secondary.
  12. Jared Lash

Yep, Kaep is starting. BIG time potential with this kid and he absolutely has the right attitude.

Yeah, Kaepernick just adds a new dimension to the Niners offense. I definitely feel for Smith. He's endured so much crap in his career, was ready to leave SF when Harbaugh wooed him back and then clumsily perused Peyton Manning and now Smith is having his best season and gets replaced because his concussion opened the door for his replacement.

If you remove emotion from it, Kaepernick is the right choice though I'm sure he'll stumble a bit as he learns the ropes. And to Smith's credit he has handled everything with class and toughness. If the Niners somehow wing a ring #11 has definitely earned his.
  13. tastybasslines

Plus his concussion was self reported. Not only did he lose his job for being responsible but it probably cost 1,000,000 dollars +. No wonder NFL players hide their concussions.
  14. notverygood

notverygood

49's are real SB contenders. Not sure if now's the time to groom the future. Sure he's got the upside, but didn't Smith take them to the NFC champ before? All Kap has proved is that he's got a lot of potential. Gutsy call by SF HC.
  15. tastybasslines

Didn't they turn the ball over 5 times in that game?
  16. Jared Lash

Yes and no. Kaepernick takes shots Smith won't and makes throws Smith can't. If he can sustain his level of play it opens up more big play potential in the passing game which is really all the team is missing to be a real contender.

And if he stumbles badly, they can always go back to Smith.

But I think Smith should have gotten his job back. He doesn't have the upside of Kaepernick but to lose your job and face the possibility of being cut after your best season as a pro because you got a concussion is pretty shady IMO.

Nope, just twice - both on kick returns by Kyle Williams. Alex Smith was 12/26 for 197 yards and two touchdowns. A little low in terms of completion percentage but otherwise typical numbers from him - efficient but not outstanding.
  17. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I really like Kaepernick, but I agree it really does suck for Smith. It's unfortunate, to say the least. I remember thinking the same thing when Tom Brady replaced Bledsoe way back in the day. I had a bad taste in my mouth for NE after that.
  18. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I think the reason Harbaugh went with Kaepernick over Smith is two-fold. One, the 49ers players like Colin's leadership and play on the field more than Alex's, and two, Kaepernick is a better player right now.
  19. stratovani

stratovani

Didn't they say the same thing about Andrew Luck a couple of weeks ago? That he'd shred the Pats' secondary? I'm not too worried about how many yards the secondary is giving up. The Pats lead the league in takeaways, and in football, as we all know (and I'm sure Sanchez is aware of by now!) you have to protect the ball. Interceptions and fumbles will kill a team faster than almost anything else!
  20. tastybasslines

Lol, Saints team bus egged by Atlanta airport workers...

Don't know why I find this so funny.